Thursday, February 27, 2014

His Wicked Games by Ember Casey

At what point is it considered erotica?

At first I thought this was going to be like all the other erotica books I've read, but this one was a little different. This rating was more because it made me think a little, but it also made me smile and had my heart beating faster, due to anticipation.

Calder's character is, yes, egotistical; but there's also another side to him and you get tiny glimpses of it as the story unfolds. Calder is also a very proud man and doesn't want anyone to see him as weak whether that is in perception or reality.

Lilly is trying to build herself back up after a bad relationship with Garrett, but is she being honest with herself. She's trying to gain money for her family's center, but is that what she's really doing?

I like the fact that Calder and Lilly don't just fall into bed together and I liked the fact that Lilly thought she would be able to control the games they played. It would have been more fun if she actually could have, but does anyone really lose those games when both parties are willing to play? :)

It would have been nice if Calder had to play the hero, but hey I'm a sucker for a knight in shining armor...

Yes this had a few great steamy scenes in it, but I wouldn't really call it erotica....

No comments:

Post a Comment