Saturday, January 25, 2014

My first post...Desert of the Damned

I'm a little behind on this book, but I wanted to start my blog. Desert of the Damned by Kathy Kulig is proving to be an interesting read. I love books about shape shifters, and this one has a bonus; Native American undertones. The Book starts out very erotic, and is a little confusing. However, now that I'm half way through, I'm enjoying this read.

Amy is in the middle of a battle that she doesn't know about and will be hard too understand. Dante is one of her bosses and she knows she shouldn't get involved. However, he is tall, has black hair just past his shoulders, and has that sexy Native American look. Amy thinks she has it made, a purely physical relationship with no strings. There's just one problem, they never really have sex and there are a lot of times when she feels she just doesn't have control of herself.

Then there's Jake, he's a park ranger, tall, and has that animal magnetism. Amy is comfortable with Jake and enjoys his company. Jake knows that Amy is in trouble and is determined to protect her.

People are starting to die and Amy has a feeling that somehow Dante is involved. Jake knows what's happening, but doesn't trust himself enough to believe what he sees. Will Jake be able to overcome the trauma of his past in order to embrace his future, and will Amy be able to let go and give her new home a chance? And what is really going on with Dante? Is he truly evil or is there something else going on with him?

I'm going too finish this book tonight and I'm anticipating an exciting ending to this paranormal romance.

Desert of the Damned

2 comments:

  1. Well, I flaked out last night. I didn't finish, but that's where I'm headed now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I finished the book and I have to say, it's a fantastic read. I didn't care for how the story unfolded, but the vibes that this book entices makes this a must read. I have had feelings invoked in me from other books, however, this was different. I can't adequately explain the vibe except to say there is a creep factor.

    I have read books that have made me cry, made me angry, filled me with hope, and even embarrassment. However, I have never felt creeped out. Any book that has shape shifters and dips into the mystical arts, gets my vote; add in the fact that it can invoke a new feeling from me and it turns out to be a gift.

    I give it ****

    ReplyDelete